Mountain Bike – 26″ wheels, frame size = small (15″-16″) (recommended for riders who are 5’2″ to 5’6″)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Pickup location: a residence or public location with a bicycle rack in the 22903 zip code area in Charlottesville City
Delivery options available for locations within the Charlottesville, VA area + also for areas within a 2 hour drive (for an additional fee based on mileage + time)
Bicycle Provider: Jillian Regan
Brand/model: Balance AL-350 Proforx
|Length of Rental||Prices|
|Half-day (Checkout and return bicycle in the same day)||$12 / half day|
|Full Day (24 hours; Checkout one day, return the next day)||$20 / day|
|Weekend*||$30 / weekend|
|Weekly**||$45 / week|
|Monthly**||$150 / month|
* A weekend is 2 consecutive days, with the option to checkout the bike the afternoon / evening before the 2 day period, typically a Saturday & Sunday, but could be 2 other consecutive days of the week for those who work on Saturdays and Sundays.
**A deposit of $50 is required for weekly and monthly rentals. The deposit is returned as soon as bicycle has been returned and inspected to verify that it is in the same condition it was checked out in. A little road dirt or mud are fine, but the bicycle should be in the same working condition (no damaged parts) as it was when checked out. The person renting the bicycle (Bicycle Rider) is responsible for any damages to the bicycle during the time they are renting it out.
All rentals of this bicycle include:
- a bicycle helmet–your choice of yellow , blue, or black!
- a lock — your choice of different combination bicycle locks like this one
All weekly + monthly rentals also include:
Delivery Fees (Delivery is optional, pick up is available for most bicycles at no charge):
- $10 for Charlottesville City + Albemarle County locations within 3 miles of the University of the Downtown Mall / Virginia Central Grounds areas
- $10 + ($0.58 / mile) for additional miles outside 3 miles away from the Downtown Mall / University of Virginia Central Grounds areas
- Only $5 for delivery to close by locations within a 20 minute walk of the bicycle’s home location
- (As with all delivery services it is expected that you tip the bicycle delivery person)
Availability: Any day of the week it’s not currently rented out! I recommend making rental requests at least 24 hours in advance of the day and time you would like to rent the bicycle
Payment methods accepted: Cash, Credit Card (Discover, Mastercard, Visa, + American Express), or PayPal. Checks are accepted but processing time for checks is 5-10 days so the reservation needs to be made at least 10 days in advance if paying with check.
Note: all rental payments will have to be made in full and fully cleared before the rental bicycle can be transferred from bicycle provider to bicycle rider.
Refunds are available for cancellations made at least 12 hours in advance of the previously agreed rental pickup/delivery time.
More details about this bicycle:
Brakes: Front + Rear brakes
Pedal type: Platform pedals
- Bell on handlebars
- Rack on back of bicycle
- Water bottle holder
- Comfortable seat