Mountain Bike – 26″ wheels, frame size = Medium (17″/18″) (recommended for riders who are 5’6″ to 5’10″)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Pickup location: a residence or public location with a bicycle rack in the 22903 zip code area in Charlottesville City
Delivery options available for locations within the Charlottesville, VA area + also for areas within a 2 hour drive (for an additional fee based on mileage + time)
Bicycle Provider: Jillian Regan
Brand/model: Diamondback Traverse
|Length of Rental||Prices|
|Half-day (Checkout and return bicycle in the same day)||$12 / half day|
|Full Day (24 hours; Checkout one day, return the next day)||$24 / day|
|Weekly**||$45 / week|
|Monthly**||$150 / month|
**A deposit of $50 is required for weekly and monthly rentals. The deposit is returned as soon as bicycle has been returned and inspected to verify that it is in the same condition it was checked out in. A little road dirt or mud are fine, but the bicycle should be in the same working condition (no damaged parts) as it was when checked out. The person renting the bicycle (Bicycle Rider) is responsible for any damages to the bicycle during the time they are renting it out.
All rentals of this bicycle include:
- a bicycle helmet–your choice of yellow or blue!
- a lock — your choice of different combination bicycle locks like this one
All weekly + monthly rentals also include:
- $10 for Charlottesville City + Albemarle County locations within 3 miles of the University of the Downtown Mall / Virginia Central Grounds areas
- $10 + ($0.58 / mile) for additional miles outside 3 miles away from the Downtown Mall / University of Virginia Central Grounds areas
- Only $5 for delivery to close by locations within a 20 minute walk of the bicycle’s home location
- (As with all delivery services it is expected that you tip the bicycle delivery person)
Availability: Any day of the week it’s not currently rented out! I recommend making rental requests at least a few days in advance of the day and time you would like to rent the bicycle.
Payment methods accepted: Cash, Credit Card (Discover, Mastercard, Visa, + American Express), or PayPal. Checks are accepted but processing time for checks is 5-10 days so the reservation needs to be made at least 10 days in advance if paying with check.
Note: all rental payments will have to be made in full and fully cleared before the rental bicycle can be transferred from bicycle provider to bicycle rider.
Refunds are available for cancellations made at least 12 hours in advance of the previously agreed rental pickup/delivery time.
More details about this bicycle:
Brakes: Front + Rear brakes
Pedal type: Platform pedals
Notes: One pedal has a crack in it and the seat has a dime sized tear covered up by black vinyl tape (see close up photos).
Relatively new tires with deep tread for great traction